Thursday, February 22, 2007

:Blows dust off of the keyboard: Cover your eyes! Wow it has been a while. So much has changed. Let's see. Right now I keep the same kids. Everyone is older now though. Zion and Rainee are 8 months, Aneas is 4 1/2 months, and Damien is still 2 1/2. I guess I even aged...I'm 25 now!

So I am getting good at this daycare business. Maybe God is prepping me to be a mother of twins or triplets! It feels like I have them when I have all three babies here. I realized that I had gotten into a little bit of a depression a few months back. I know that it is because I am so used to getting out of the house everyday and I was started to feel like a prisoner in my own home. So I finally solved my dilemma. One thing I did was start spending more time with God. I think that it is so amazing how spending even just a few minutes reading the Bible, praying or listening to a sermon changes my whole demeanor and outlook on things. Another thing I did was cut the tv off. I found that by watching less I’m able to get more done around the house—things like school work, house work and just spend more time with the kids. I feel way less drained at the end of the day too. Now that I don’t watch as much tv I read a lot more too. I love to read. Mostly I read non-fiction. I’m a research junkie. But lately I’ve gotten into reading fiction. I’m reading Groove by Geneva Holliday. It’s good so far…I was honestly hoping for a little bit more erotica to lift my post natal libido but…oh well.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The other thing I did was invest in a double stroller. God thank you! I found a cute slightly used Graco stroller on craigslist. What a great site! Anyway, we’ve started going out for 1 hour walks daily. Oh my what fresh air does for me and the kids! Being cooped up in my upstairs apartment was really really starting to, well…suck. Nothing like some good sunshine. Plus we meet so many people just walking around the neighborhood. It truly is an adventure. Now you might be wondering how I maneuver 3 infants and a toddler with a double stroller. Bunji cords are a great invention…just kidding :) Well so far I’ve only had two infants a day this week and little Damien walked along side me (which was really good at using up his energy). But, when there are 3 infants, my plan is to carry the youngest in a Mayawrap sling, put the other 2 infants in the stroller, and then let Damien walk alongside me. I’m thinking about getting him one of the kid leashes, even though I swore I’d never use one. I just think it’ll keep him safe. I know I will look very crazy, but I really don’t care. I really need to get outside daily.

No comments: